Various thematic working groups of the Timbaktu Collective anchor the different programmes.
Chiguru encompasses all initiatives related to alternative education and rights of children & youth. It anchors:
- Prakruti Badi, an alternative school for children from difficult circumstances;
- Mogga, a project to promote the rights of children for safe and joyful childhood.
- Back to Basics, a project to help slow learners perform better in academics.
- Bhavani, a handloom weaving centre for young girls. A resource centre for children.
Dharani encompasses all the work done on organic farming with small holder farming families. It anchors:
- Village level associations (Sanghas) of small holder organic farming families;
- All training programmes in organic and low carbon farming;
- All PGS organic certification processes;
- Avani, Bhoomata and Vasuda – mandal level farming and marketing cooperatives;
- Dharani (Apex body) cooperative of cooperatives;
- Paryavarana Parasa (Annual celebration of the International Environment day – June 5th & 6th ).
Gramasiri encompasses all the work done with the agricultural labourers & rural enterprise development. It anchors:
- Village level associations (Sanghas) of agricultural labour families;
- All training programmes in rural enterprise development;
- Gramasiri agricultural labour cooperative dealing in free range sheep and goat rearing and sale of meat;
- Annual May day celebrations.
Kalpavalli encompasses all the work done on natural resource management. It anchors:
- Village level associations (Sanghas) of tree growers;
- All training programmes in protection and regeneration of wastelands;
- Development and management of around 8,000 acres of Watersheds;
- Ecological restoration of 7,500 acres of contiguous common (wasted) lands into a wilderness and wild life corridor;
- Revival of traditional water harvesting structures and water bodies;
- Kalpavalli tree growers cooperative;
- Research studies on ecology, water, etc;
- Work with youth on issues of local governance.
Militha encompasses all work regarding empowerment & inclusion of people with disabilities. It anchors:
- Village level associations (Sanghas) of families that have members with disabilities;
- All training programmes related to disability and rural enterprise development;
- 3 mandal level organisations of people with disabilities.
- ‘Prathibha’, a federation and cooperative of people with disabilities.
- Balamilitha, rehabilitation work with children with disabilities.
Swasakthi: Empowerment of women & alternative banking; and encompasses all the work with women:
- Promotion of four mandal level autonomous thrift cooperatives of rural women, Adisakthi, Ananthasakthi, Mahilasakthi and Durgasakthi that run as alternative banking institutions.
- Promotion of Mahasakthi, a federation and apex body of thrift cooperatives. Legal aid and counselling centres to protect the human rights of women.
Sruthi encompasses all administrative and management support required by the organisation and all the working groups.